Urben believes that to make cities better places we need to:
- Respect them as complex ecosystems with natural resource opportunities and constraints.
- Look from all perspectives and at all scales to improve the user experience.
- Plan flexibly for change to accommodate shifting demographics and trends.
- Work collaboratively as there is no single solution or a profession that could find one.
- Create productive, not just consumption driven spaces.
- Recognise that land is often too valuable to only be used once.